What do we know about the ACA Ruling?
- On December 14, 2018 a federal judge in Texas ruled that the Affordable Care Act, Obamacare, was unconstitutional and invalid now that the individual mandate is no longer part of the law.
- The rationale for this decision was that the Supreme Court held that the ACA was only constitutional with the individual mandate and the tax penalty.
- The ruling does not immediately stop the law from being enacted.
- Appeals processes are underway and the case is likely to appear before the Supreme Court.
- At this time, nothing has changed with current marketplace plans or practices.
Please keep checking this page for any updates on the situation.
Page last updated: December 17, 2018 8:25pm CDT